Cable Deck Railings in Maryland
If you have—or expect to have—a deck or porch from which a severely obstructed view would diminish the beauty of your vantage point, you must consider installing cable deck railings. These systems are most advantageous when the point of view is elevated. Vertical or horizontal cables become “invisible” to the eye as you scan the horizon, not possible with obstructive materials like wooden or metal railings.
To learn more about cable deck railings or to schedule a consultation with Diamond Decks & Home Improvement, contact us online or call (443) 599-8710 today!
Advantages of Cable Deck Railings
Cable deck railings offer a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Maximum strength with minimal view obstruction and a clean, unencumbered look.
- An unobstructed view with safety glass facings. (It should be noted that these can be truly injurious to birds that may attempt to pass through.)
- Permitted air and light, thus eliminating the “boxed in” feeling of enclosed decking.
- Versatile style that can be adapted to fit any home design.
- Added value to your home by improving the appearance of the deck or porch while providing a more panoramic view.
- Low-maintenance—no time-consuming sanding, painting, or staining.
- No risk of rusting or warping, unlike metal or wood deck railings.
Out of the many deck railing options you have, cable railings are the perfect choice if you want to make sure your landscape reminds the focal point of your home. These modern yet subtle touches can enhance the look of your custom deck without detracting from your setting as a whole.
For more information on the advantages of cable deck railings, contact us online or call (443) 599-8710 today!
Cable Deck Railing Installation in MD
Cable deck railings are easy and quick to install. Matching your cable with your choice of materials for posts and top rails will be your first decision. Don’t worry—the deck design experts at Diamond Decks can help you choose!
During construction, the stainless steel cables are stretched through posts made of various materials— usually aluminum, wood, or composite. The cabling can be either horizontal or vertical. The posts, top rails, bottom rails, and handrails must be sufficiently strong to withstand the tension of the cables and properly spaced (<4 inches apart) to provide maximum safety and to meet building codes. Specially designed fittings ensure a secure and taut construction. Metal cables can stretch over time and can be easily adjusted to maintain the integrity of the railing.
Call Today for a Free Estimate in the Annapolis, MD Area
Besides providing a notable improvement to viewing the vista from your deck, cable railings are easy to install and maintain, and they add value to your home for resale later on. Before investing in more traditional wooden and metal deck railings that can detract from your view, check out clean and durable stainless cable deck railings.
Get inspiration for your home improvement project by looking at our online gallery!