Is your deck getting old, warped, and worn out? Do you avoid using it because it needs repairs and you just don’t know where to start? At Diamond Decks & Home Improvement, our professionals can explain the pros and cons of building a new deck or resurfacing your current structure.
Advantages of Deck Resurfacing
If the underlying structure of your deck is in good condition, resurfacing may be your best bet to update your deck at a fraction of the cost of building a new one. With resurfacing, the experts at Diamond Decks will replace old wooden boards with new, top-quality wood or composite material. They’ll replace worn out stairs and handrails with matching decking material to enhance the visual appeal of your deck.
The biggest advantages of resurfacing your deck include:
- Reduced Cost – Deck resurfacing costs about half as much as installing a new deck.
- Choice of Upgrades – You’ll get to choose from a large assortment of building materials, including composite, which will never crack or splinter.
- Added Deck Space and Functionality – Take advantage of the cost savings of resurfacing and use it to add more space and functionality to your existing structure.
Why a Brand New Custom Deck Could Be Your Best Choice
If the substructure of your existing deck is unstable, building a new, custom deck offers an incredible opportunity to achieve the size, layout, and aesthetics you’ll love. The sky’s the limit when you invest in a custom deck, and the team at Diamond Decks will take you step by step through the process of planning the deck of your dreams and turning it into reality.
Top reasons to consider a new, custom deck include:
- 3-D Modeling – When deciding on the layout of your new deck, the Diamond Deck experts will map out design ideas on a 3-D computer modeling program that will show you exactly what your deck will look like. The program takes into account the unique location of your outdoor space, such as slope, which is paramount in deciding if you should install a single-level or multi-level deck. From there, it’s easy to make large or subtle design changes to achieve the exact look you want.
- Optimize the Usable Space and Function of Your Home – You won’t get a generic, cookie-cutter design when you build a custom deck with Diamond Decks. Our team will help you design the best deck using superior quality materials to enhance the functionality of your home. We’ll consider your home’s layout and design a deck that can be conveniently accessed from several rooms while also having multiple access points from the yard.
Trust the Maryland Deck Builders at Diamond Decks
Whether you choose a new, custom deck or decide to resurface your existing structure, the professionals at Diamond Decks are on hand to help you through every step of the process. Since 1992, we’ve been the premier deck and outdoor patio company serving homeowners of the greater Baltimore area. Contact us and get your project started today!