A louvered roof over your patio, deck, or outdoor living space offers an excellent fusion of functionality and visual appeal. It’s no wonder why this versatile roofing option has skyrocketed in terms of popularity. It’s one of the most efficient and eye-catching ways to give your outdoor living lifestyle the boost it needs. That said, tons of homeowners have been looking to Diamond Decks and asking one very common, but very important, question: How much does a louvered roof cost?
Interested in building a patio budget that includes a louvered roof, but not certain what to expect? Follow along with our home service experts while we detail all of the critical factors that will impact the cost of your new louvered roof!
Louvered Roofs: The Largest Factors in Cost
It’s actually quite difficult to present specific numbers or to even point to general price ranges when it comes to estimating the cost of a louvered roof. This is because the roof system needs to be designed with your specific space in mind, and no two homes are going to be identical at all. The major factors include:
- The size of your louvered roof. As with many things, the size is going to be one of the major factors in the purchase and installation cost of your louvered roof. Larger typically means more expensive, however in some cases—and with some manufacturers—you can begin to see discounts on the price per square foot if your planned roof reaches certain size ranges.
- The design you prefer. Options that exist outside of the “standard” rectangular louvered roof like free-standing, curved, and triangular will add tons of customization and beauty, but they generally require more materials and more effort to fabricate, which will impact cost.
- The durability of your louvered roof. What area you live in can also be a factor, because if the roof needs to be designed to handle certain wind loads and weight loads (snow, rain) then it will need additional reinforcement incorporated into the design.
- Which manufacturer you choose. The rise in popularity in louvered roofs has led to tons of manufacturers carrying and fabricating them. And as you might expect, different brands are going to charge different prices. In many cases, choosing the right manufacturer can impact the cost more than even the size of the roof or the materials chosen in its construction.
Minor Factors That May Impact Cost
The above factors will impact the cost of your roof most drastically, but there are small additions and changes that can alter cost as well, including:
- Choosing non-standard or premium colors/paint types
- Opting in for accessories like incorporated fans, or more sophisticated control systems (standard, automated, or mechanized controls)
- Whether or not the louvered roof features a built-in gutter system
Choose the Right Contractor for Louvered Roof Systems in Maryland
And finally, who performs the installation will matter, too! Things like labor costs, time, and project complexity can impact cost greatly. And you also want to keep in mind that hiring the team that is going to perform the installation correctly can be included as a factor, too, as a good installation can last for decades, while a shoddy job can lead to a louvered roof that needs to be replaced far sooner than it should be.
If you’re looking for a contractor that can handle a superior louvered roof installation, choose the specialists at Diamond Decks! As certified master decking professionals, we can present you with the options and designs that will suit your needs and budget best, so contact us online today for your estimate!