Want a way to add year-round comfort to your home? You can with a sunroom addition! Sunrooms are a fantastic way to:
- Add livable space to your home
- Enjoy expansive views
- Bring outdoor living indoors, no matter the season
- Enhance the interior and exterior of your home
Perhaps you’re interested in building a sunroom but are overwhelmed by the options (there are a lot) and don’t know where to start. We recommend that you call us! But it can be helpful to know some basic information beforehand.
These all-season rooms have nearly unlimited design options and are available in two main styles—marquee and cathedral.
A marquee-style sunroom has a roof that slopes from the side of the house. These “shed” or “straight-eave” style sunrooms are simple and refined to complement any home.
Cathedral-style sunrooms feature vaulted ceilings and glass transoms. They let in an ample amount of light and are a beautiful addition to any home.
Popular Sunroom Ideas
The sky is the limit when it comes to your sunroom—after all, it’s your space! However, if you need a little design inspiration, some of the most popular ideas for sunrooms include:
- Eating area: Who doesn’t like to enjoy beautiful outdoor views while eating? Nothing beats eating breakfast while watching the sunrise. It’s as easy as adding a table and chair set to the space. Spruce it up with some stylish décor and you’re done!
- Party place: If you entertain guests often, there’s no better gathering spot than a sunroom! Put in a couch, some chairs, a ceiling fan, a mini fridge, and a wet bar. You can even add a small, portable fireplace for the fall and winter.
- Peaceful escape: Like to just relax and kick back on lazy Sunday afternoons? A sunroom is the perfect place to do so. It provides all the light you need! This new addition will be your favorite place to relax, whether you want to read in the sunlight, watch heat lightning in the summer, or cozy up by the fire when it’s chilly outside.
- Indoor garden: Are you an avid gardener? Because of the sunlight it gets, a sunroom is a good place for plants. You can have your own mini greenhouse!
Need a Sunroom Builder in Maryland?
Do you want to build a sunroom? Diamond Decks’ sunroom designers will work with you to create a perfect outdoor living space that matches your home. During our consultation, we will work with you to choose:
- Design options
- Other custom options
Diamond Decks sunroom builders are some of the best in the business. See for yourself—contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule an initial consultation!